Our school is situated in an area that has strong connections to its traditional owners.
Our school recognises the importance of acknowledging the history of the Guringai people, the traditional owners, who lived in the areas of Sydney known as North Sydney, Lane Cove, Willoughby, Manly, Warringah, Ku-ring-gai and Pittwater.
In 1951 an infants school was established at North Curl Curl. The first buildings were known as "Bristols" because they were manufactured by the Bristol Aircraft company after World War II and exported to Australia. In 1954 facilities were extended so the primary school could be set up and the first intake of year 3 pupils took place.
During 1955 lessons were held in the Thomas Vickers Memorial Hall while additional classrooms were built. The first Year 6 class was established in 1957 thus making a full K-6 school. Two new classrooms were completed in 1959, and a block of four brick classrooms in the 1960s. A weather shed was constructed during the 1970s and converted into a hall in 1996. The library was completed in 1998.